Vendors - Getting Started Help

General Steps for a Vendor to follow to use Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment applications

Step 1: Register with System for Award Management (SAM).

  • All vendor companies must register in the SAM to sell goods and services to the Department of Defense (DoD), by going to https://www.sam.gov/ (External Link).
  • Establish a SAM Point of Contact (POC), if not already done. The SAM POC is responsible for updating the information in SAM.
  • If you do not know your SAM POC, or need help with registration in SAM, please contact the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220 or 334-206-7828.
  • Vendors must also set up an Electronic Business (EB) POC for their company in SAM.
  • The EB POC is responsible for authorizing vendor employee(s) access to submit, modify and/or view data (contracts, invoices, payments, etc.). The SAM POC is responsible for entering or updating EB POC data in SAM.
  • To see if an EB POC is listed for a specific company, visit the SAM website, or consult your SAM POC.

Return to the TOP of the page.

Step 2: Have your CAGE Code added to the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) Vendor Group Structure.

  • The PIEE Help Desk must add your CAGE Code to a Group in the PIEE Vendor Group Structure, before any personnel can self-register for applications within PIEE.
  • When requesting a new group, if a desired group name is not provided by the requestor, a group name will be assigned by the PIEE Help Desk based on your CAGE code or company name.
  • To request the set up of a vendor group, a company representative must contact the PIEE Help Desk, by phone or email, and supply your CAGE code and group name.
  • See PIEE Vendor Customer Support for contact information

Return to the TOP of the page.

Step 3: Appoint a Contractor Administrator (CAM) for your Group. (Mandatory Step - there must be a CAM registered for each Group)

  • The company EB POC listed in SAM must complete this step. Only the EB POC is authorized to appoint a CAM.
  • The CAM is your company's "Gate Keeper,” responsible for authorizing access to applications in PIEE for all your company's employee(s).
    • Note: if you are a single person entity/company, a Contractor Administrator is still required.
  • Vendors must appoint a CAM to manage their PIEE accounts. It’s recommended that the EB POC be the CAM.
  • If the EB POC registers as the CAM, no other paperwork is needed to establish the PIEE CAM account. Proceed to Registration (see Step 4).
  • If another individual that is not the EB POC, registers as a CAM, a CAM Appointment Letter from the EB POC listed in SAM, is required.
    • Note: The CAM Appointment letter must be complete. It must include the appointed CAM's First and last name, Email Address, and Phone number. The assigned Group Name, and Cage Codes (refer to step 2 for Group Name information). It must also be signed by the EB POC and the appointed CAM and sent by the EB POC, via email, to the PIEE Help Desk after the registration has been submitted.
    • Alternatively, the signed CAM Appointment Letter may be uploaded and attached to the new user registration.
    • Download the CAM Appointment letter here.
  • Proceed to Registration
    • Note: There is no limit to how many CAMs a company can have.

Return to the TOP of the page.

Step 4: CAM needs to Self-Register in PIEE. (Mandatory step - CAMs activate the vendor users)

  • The user type in the registration will be “Vendor”
  • When registering as the first Contractor Administrator for a company, no other User Roles are allowed at the time of registration. Only add the Contractor Administrator role by first selecting the PIEE application from the application list, selecting the Contractor Administrator role, and clicking the Add Role button.
  • When adding the CAM role, the new user will need to use the Group Lookup link to find the vendor group established previously in Step 2. The group can be found by searching for the Group Name that was established, or by the Location Code (CAGE code).
  • Once the registration has been submitted, if the registered CAM is not the EB POC listed in SAM.GOV the EB POC must send the signed CAM Appointment letter, via email, to the PIEE Help Desk, if the letter was not uploaded and attached to the registration.
  • If the new CAM's account has not been activated within 2 business days of self-registration, notify the PIEE Help Desk. (See Vendor Customer Support Link).
  • Click the "Register" button at the bottom of the page to begin registering.

Return to the TOP of the page.

Step 5: Determine if batch feeds for WAWF data input is necessary.

  • Most Vendors use the manual, web entry method to input their documents directly into WAWF. Web entry is a good method if you have a small volume of payment documents to create or if you have a small number of line items on your contract(s). However, for vendors that have many transactions and/or many line items per payment document, you may want to consider submitting documents into WAWF via the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) method.
  • WAWF FTP and EDI Guides are available after your account has been activated in the WAWF Documentation menu. If further assistance is needed, please contact the PIEE Help Desk and ask for help with EDI. A trouble ticket will be created and will be forwarded to the Joint. Interoperability Test Center (JITC) and a technician will be assigned to assist you in testing your file layout(s). (See Customer Support Link)

Return to the TOP of the page.